Gavion Member replied

645 weeks ago

Good evening all! As I sit here on the couch with one daughter complaining about cleaning her room and the other watching Netflix on our gaming computer, I felt that I should introduce myself, since I am here for the long haul!

My name is Abe, and I'm a married 31 year old from Eau Claire, WI. I'm married to a wonderfully beautiful gamer who unfortunately really likes Warcraft (although I am trying to change that, at least part time!). Currently we only have one computer in the house capable of running Swtor (yeah, over the years I have frankensteined machines instead of buying new ones), so it works out for now.

I have two daughters, 3 and 11. The 3 year old has been bred on Disney and Comic Books, creating a child who watches Tangled and Captain America almost nonstop. Our 11 year old is turning into a teenager too quickly, and has taken over my cell phone and it's unlimited data plan (way cheaper then what we were paying when she had her own phone).

My wife and our kids are also gamers of various platforms, and we enjoy everything from family games of Mario Party and Kinect Adventures down to my 11 year old daughter and I teaming up in Team Fortress. My wife is GM of the largest guild on the Fizzcrank server, horde side, in Warcraft. Hakuna Matata, the no worries guild for mature players who just want to play the game. The guild is mostly married couples with too much to do in the real world.

But, that is East Coast, and I stay up too late to be healthy. So I joined Star Wars, having gained a passion for the game by being one of the original hosts of TOR-Talk. And what better group of players to join then those who share my same feelings on gaming!

Thank you for the invite all, my juggernaut shouldn't take too long to level, as I am mostly playing SWTOR and focusing on him. I play usually from 10pm to 1am my time, which is 8 to 11 server time I believe.

Falisa replied

645 weeks ago

Quick, you need to transition the 3 year old to nerdy things before its too late! Star Wars: The Clone Wars seems like a good starting place. >:)

BoA Admin replied

645 weeks ago

Nice introduction. Are you a Badgers fan? They had such a great offense this year, they would've had a national championship if their defense was equally good.

I'm 27 years old, grew up in IA and live in CA. I'm not married, but Tala and I have been in a relationship for the past two years. We're both pretty avid gamers, though I hate single player games with a passion.

I have a long history of playing MMOs. I started with MUDs back in the mid 90's and have tried out many, many different MMO's since then. I enjoy playing MMOs at a competitive level. I'm not as hardcore as I used to be (in my younger days, I could probably spend about 10 hours/day in a MMO) but I do prefer playing MMO's as my main activity since I don't have many other responsibilities outside of my job and random social things.

I'm looking forward to building Spite into a great guild. Regardless of the MMO, the people you play with will be the main reason why you play.

Nao Member replied

645 weeks ago

Gavion - Great idea on posting an introduction and very nice write-up. I'll have to post one as well. Tough loss to Oregon, but a hardfought and close game against a very good team so no shame in that. (Though it's always fun to speculate if the outcome would have been different if they hadn't burned a timeout on that kick return challenge in the second half.) Looking forward to grouping up with you and everyone else!
- Nao(ssa)

Awol Member replied

645 weeks ago

Good to sort of meet you.

Football fans?!? I went to the University of Utah who has had some pretty good years. Undefeated with Alex Smith and Urban Meyer in 2005.

I'll make a introduction post as well…good idea man.

last edited 645 weeks ago by Awol

Gavion Member replied

645 weeks ago

Oh don't worry about the little one, she already loves Star Wars. We are going to Disneyworld in a few weeks (literally, 16 days!!!) and she wants to make her own Lightsaber in downtown disney. Which I would be remiss if i didn't mention that I would be making my own too! But I'm too old for the Jedi Training Academy… she isn't though! Unfortunately they don't have a Sith training academy but you can't win them all…

I am a Badgers fan, but not as big as I would like to be. Too much else going on in my life, and for sports the NFL takes a larger chunk of my presence then college sports.

But one thing I would like to point out…

I'm looking forward to building Spite into a great guild. Regardless of the MMO, the people you play with will be the main reason why you play.

That is why I am here. Because this is what I believe, and I get a good vibe here.

BoA Admin replied

645 weeks ago

I remember that year. Utah deserved the BCS title game bid, but curse the non-playoff system. Didn't they end up having to play some lame Pittsburgh team and completely dominating them?

BoA Admin replied

645 weeks ago

Should post more about college ball, it'll bug Tala to no end.

Falisa replied

645 weeks ago

It doesn't bug me, I'm just completely lost!

Falisa replied

645 weeks ago

I guess maybe I should introduce myself too. I'm 24, born and raised in Southern Cali. Currently a full time student with the hopes of graduating with a degree in communications in a few years. Like he said, Boa and I have been dating coming up on 2 years now.

I've been a big fan of MMOs since I was 17, with my first one being FFXI. I met Boa there and Flash's wife through an endgame linkshell around 2007. Boa and I were pretty hardcore in FFXI, more than I've ever been since. You've got an event like every single night in that game and you still didn't have enough time to do all the things you needed to do outside of group events. But I still haven't played a MMO I've fallen in love with as much as I have with that game. Our linkshell fell apart in middle of 2009 and we went on to different games.

Since then, I've played Aion, WoW for a decent amount of time with Boa and Flash, Rift when that launched (i got 50 in that game and pretty much immediately cancelled my account), and FFXIV which was a massive failure. I also tried out Vanguard back in the day. And now I can put SWTOR on the list!
Please log in to post a reply.